Gaurav Zatakia gives us the details on HUSH and what is the future of the brand
Please mention your name and position in HUSH.
Gaurav Zatakia – Executive Director.
Please mention your time duration of association with the brand HUSH and what inspired you to start it?
Hush has been in existence since 1999 but it’s main focus then was supplies of bedding to star category hotels and resorts across India. I joined the business in 2009 and was inspired to launch our range of mattresses for the retail market because we are already getting a lot of calls from people who had stayed at some of these hotels and experienced the best night’s sleep of their lives and were now looking to source these mattresses for their homes so that they could continue to experience the same level of comfort, at home, on a daily basis.
Please mention any unique characteristics of the brand HUSH which makes the brand different from others.
- We use only the finest, virgin-grade imported raw materials (no recycled fiber etc. that tend to compromise the product’s life, comfort and support)
- Our clientele and customer testimonials from clients speak for themselves
- We pioneered the “sleep studio” retail format where customers get to experience our range of products in semi private mock bedrooms before deciding which product(s) from our range work best for them
- Widest collection of products – for example we have over 20 different types of pillows to choose from; 15 different types of mattresses…essentially something for every type of customer
Where do you want to see the brand HUSH in the next financial year? What are the planned target/goals the brand wants to achieve?
Our objective for the next financial year is to expand our footprint in the cities we have a presence in, while also establishing a presence in the cities we are currently not present in and in the process become one more brand that people can consider when looking to purchase a mattress.
Can you elaborate more about the products/services provided by HUSH?
Hush provides a wide range of products, which include:
- MATRESSES: Nirvana Mattress, Memory Comfort Mattress, Royal Memory Waterfall Mattress, Royal Partner Perfect Mattress, Partner Perfect Mattress, Grandeur Mattress, Ecofoam Mattress, Spine Supporter Mattress, Majestic Mattress and Deluxe Ortho Mattress.
- PILLOWS: Super Soft Plus Pillow, Super Soft Pillow, Soft Pillow, Standard Pillow, Slim Pillow, Firm Pillow, Memory Medic Pillow, Natupalm Pillow, Down and Feather Pillow and Body Pillow.
- EXTRA COMFORT: Cushions, Bolsters, Music Pillow, Back Cushion, Seat Cushion, Neck Pillow and Clima Gel Deluxe Pillow.
- DUVETS: Ultra Super Soft Duvet, Ultra Soft Duvet (Summer), Ultra Thermo Bond Duvet, Down and Feather Duvet.
- TOPPERS & PROTECTORS: Memory Soft Mattress Topper, Super Soft Mattress Topper, Standard Mattress Topper, Comfort Topper (Gel Infused), Standard Mattress Protector, Ultra Absorbent Mattress Protector (Quilted), Ultra Absorbent Mattress Protector (TERRY) and Ultra Absorbent Pillow Protector.
- BED & BATH LINEN: Premium Bed Linen and Plush Bath Linen.
- BED BASES & HEADBOARDS: Como Headboard, Lima Headboard, Matrix Headboard, Spring Bed Base, Platform Bed Base and Ultra-Lite Roll Away Bed.
What are your expectations from Franchise Alpha?
We hope to appoint franchisees in all of the cities where we don’t currently have a presence while also increasing the number of franchisees in cities where we have a presence believe the market potential is considerably large.
Where do you see the brand HUSH in the long run if you have Franchise Alpha by your side?
We hope to be as visible as the current market leaders – sleepwell & kurlon but without diluting the brand as much by appointing franchisees too close to each other.